If you have a fever, notice blood in your stools, are taking other medications, have another diagnosed medical condition, or are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult a doctor before taking Gastro-Stop.
In the event of an accidental overdose, call the Poisons Information Centre 13 11 26 immediately for advice, or contact your nearest hospital casualty or doctor.
If your answer to any of the following questions is YES, consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking Gastro-Stop:
- Have you ever had an allergic reaction to loperamide?
- Is your diarrhoea accompanied by fever, or by blood in the stools?
- Are you taking any other medication, especially antibiotics, tranquilisers, or narcotic pain medication?
- Will you be drinking alcohol while taking this medication?
- Are you pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Do you suffer from glaucoma?
- Do you suffer from liver disease, kidney disease and/or bladder obstruction?
- Do you suffer from bowel obstruction, constipation, abdominal bloating or Inflammatory Bowel Disease, eg. colitis?